Updated: May 26th, 2021
DCI ADS has replaced the AdChoice program with the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada’s AdChoices. You may have previously opted out of advertising personalization on DCI ADS through the AdChoice program. If you wish to continue opting-out of advertising personalization please see Section 5.
Table of contents
- What personal information do we collect
- How we use your personal information
- Marketing Purposes
- Access to, review, and rectification of your personal information
- Protection and retention of your personal information
- Other Information
2. What personal information do we collect
You can visit our Website without registering for an account. When you decide to provide us with your personal information, you agree that such information is sent to and stored on our servers. We collect the following types of personal information:
Information we collect automatically: When you visit our Website, use our Services and or reply to ads or other content, we automatically collect the information sent to us by your computer, mobile device, or other equipment that provides access. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- information from your interaction with our Website and Services, including, but not limited to, device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from www.dciads.ca, referring URL, ad data, IP address, and standard web log information; and
- information we collect through cookies, web beacons and similar technologies.
Information you provide to us: We collect and store any information you enter on our Website or that you provide to us when you use our Services. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- information that you provide to us when you register for an account or for the Services that you use;
- additional information that you may provide to us through social media sites or third party Services;
- information provided in the context of dispute resolution, correspondence through our Website, or correspondence that is sent to us;
- information about your location and the location of your device, including your device’s unique identifier information if you have enabled this service on your mobile device, and
- your resume if you choose to submit it to us for consideration through our careers page
Information from other sources: We may receive or collect additional information about you from third parties and add this to our account information. This information includes, but is not limited to: demographic data, navigation data, additional contact data, and additional data about you from other sources, such as public authorities, to the extent permitted by law.
3. How we use your personal information
You agree that we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you access to our Services and Customer Support by means of e-mail or telephone;
- to personalize, measure, and improve our Services, content, and ads;
- to provide you with other services that you have requested, as described when we collected the information, and
- to consider you as a potential candidate if you choose to upload your resume through our careers page.
Sharing information with and registration on social media sites: We may offer sign-on Services that enable you to access the Website or related websites with your login credentials. We can also offer Services that enable you to share information with third-party social media websites, such as Facebook, Google Plus, and Twitter.
- Service providers with whom we have entered into an agreement to help us provide our Services on the website, such as financial service providers, marketing agencies, and technical support. In such cases, the personal information shall remain under the control of DCI ADS Canada Ltd. If you are listing an ad, your listing or business address may be displayed on a map in your ads via Google Maps and therefore transferred to Google (refer to the Google Privacy Notice for more info).
– to comply with legal obligations or court order; or
– if this is necessary for the prevention, detection, or prosecution of criminal offenses, such as fraud, deceit or prosecution, or
– if it is necessary to maintain our policies or to protect the rights and freedoms of others.
- other third parties to whom you have given consent to share your information via DCI ADS, e.g. in the framework of a cooperation;
- companies that we intend to merge within the context of a re-organization or that acquire us;
- an intellectual property owner if the owner of an intellectual property right or an intermediary in good faith believes that an advertisement violates the rights of the owner. Before personal information is provided, the IP owner will enter into an agreement that, inter alia, stipulates that information is only provided on the strict condition that it may only be used in the context of legal proceedings and/or obtaining legal advice and/or to answer questions from the relevant advertiser
Without limitation to the foregoing, we shall moreover – in our efforts to respect your privacy and to keep the website free of malicious persons or parties – not disclose your personal information to third parties without a court order or formal request from the government in accordance with applicable law, unless we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to prevent impending injury or financial damages or to report alleged illegal activities.
Information you share on www.dciads.ca: Our Website allows users to share advertisements and other information with other users, thereby making this shared information accessible to other users. Since our Website also enables you to directly contact a buyer or seller, we recommend that you consider how you share your personal information with others. You are solely responsible for the personal information you share through our Website and therefore we cannot guarantee the privacy or security of the information shared by you with other users.
In case you visit our Website from a shared computer or a computer in an internet café, we strongly recommend that you log off after each session. If you do not want the shared computer to remember you and/or your credentials, you will need to remove cookies and/or the history of your website visits.
4. Marketing Purposes
You agree that we may use the information collected by us to send you offers, whether personalized or not or to contact you by telephone regarding products or Services offered by DCI ADS or companies of the eBay Group.
We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our Services and functionalities.
When you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can, where applicable, change your preferences in your My DCI ADS account, or follow the unsubscribe link in the marketing communication you received.
If you do not wish to participate in our advertising personalization using your personal information or retargeting/tracking programs, you can opt-out by following the directions provided within the applicable advertisement, or directly at the AdChoices website provided by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada, and use the opt-out mechanism. This does not necessarily mean that no advertisements will be shown to you. It simply means that these advertisements will not be personalized for you by means of cookies, web beacons, or similar technologies.
7. Accessing, Reviewing, and Changing Your Personal Information
– via the Contact Form; or
– by writing to DCI ADS Canada Ltd. Attention: DCI ADS Canada Customer Support, 500 King St. W., Suite 200, Toronto, Ontario M5V 1L9.
8. Protection and retention of your personal information
We protect your information by using technical and administrative security measures (such as firewalls, data encryption, and physical and administrative access controls to the data and servers) that limit the risk of loss, abuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. Nevertheless, if you believe your account has been abused, please contact us through the Contact Form.
We retain personal information no longer than is legally permissible and delete personal information when it is no longer necessary for the purposes as described above.
9. Other information
Abuse and unsolicited commercial communications (“spam”): We do not tolerate abuse of our Website. You do not have permission to add other DCI ADS users to your mailing list (e-mail or postal) for commercial purposes, even if a user has purchased something from you unless the user has given his explicit consent. If you notice that someone is abusing our Website (spam or spoof emails), please notify us here.